intro message

This is a honest account of my struggle to live as a Christian teen every day. My attempts not to lie to my parents, cheat on tests, and to trust God when I hate–err.. strongly dislike–my current situation. The music that fills my soul, the poems striking my heart. The books I enjoy, and thoughts or questions I wish to share.
I hope that this will not touch you but that it will open my heart and mind. I write these posts to help me think it through, accept the truth, and carry on. So, through Jesus Christ I pray you are touched. ~CMR~

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

Hey! wow! I haven't posted anything for a LONG time! well, a week or so ago I converted from writing songs to writing a poem. This poem is about how I can find billions of things wrong with myself any given moment. But also how I need to look past that and find things that are important. I wrote this because I deal with this junk a lot. Its part of being human, I guess.

anyway.. here is the poem... yes... I wrote all of it!

MIRROR, MIRROR
Mirror mirror on the wall
Let the image I see fall
Let me see what’s underneath
Hidden beside my insecurities
Let me be mended, restored, repaired
Rid me of despair
Even if it strips me bare.
Now whenever I pass by
You’ll see a twinkle in my eye
I’m not afraid to look at you
Or ashamed of what I’ve been through
So, mirror mirror set me free
Mirror mirror look at me
~CMR~

No comments:

Post a Comment